About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Follow the leader destiny or just weak?

Hi,

I am a person of weak wood with a lot of fire elements,but no water. As such my wood is considered 'rootless'. Read in a book that some people have a 'follow the leader' configuration in their bazi whereby the self element (day master) surrenders to the strongest element in their bazi as it has no chance of survival. As such elements which favour their very weak self element are actually detrimental to them. How does one know if his/her day element is of this special configuration or merely weak?

Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
I am a person of weak wood with a lot of fire elements,but no water. As such my wood is considered 'rootless'. Read in a book that some people have a 'follow the leader' configuration in their bazi whereby the self element (day master) surrenders to the strongest element in their bazi as it has no chance of survival. As such elements which favour their very weak self element are actually detrimental to them. How does one know if his/her day element is of this special configuration or merely weak?

Actually, there is really nothing significantly different from the 'follow the leader' type of chart if you really know how to properly determine the weak/strong and apply the five element of balance properly.

At least, you need not have to worry about it, if you are applying cures or solutions from our website's ba zi chart. Why? Simply because if you properly define a person's weak/strong and then apply the balance of the elements concept to prioritise the favourable/unfavourable elements. You will find that it is will take care of most of the worries about the so call 'follow the leader' characteristics.

Take your chart for example, which I extracted from our your profile and using a portion of our paid ba zi report:-

Element
Strength
Percentage

0 Water
Weakest
0 %

0 Wood
Weak
0 %

8 Fire
Strongest
90 %

0 Earth
Strong
0 %

4 Metal
Extremely Weak
9 %

You will still be considered weak wood simply because your favourable elements (water 0% + wood 0% = 0%) is still less than your unfavourable elements (metal 9% +earth 0% = 9%).

Fire element will exhaust Wood but at the same time strengthen Earth. So it should never be considered in the initial equations as it willcancel out the any good or bad effects.

Therefore, without any doubt,you are a weak wood. Where water and wood elements are generally your favourable elements, and fire and metal are generally unfavourable for you. Earth is your wealth which is also generally considered unfavourable due to your self element considered weak wood.

So the above will generally define your favourable and unfavourable based on whether you are weak or strong. In any case, this rules is still the fundamental and should not be ignored.

The difference or the fine tuning comes in the balance of the five element, where you should aim to get 20% of each element to achieve perfect harmony.

1.Water and Wood are both 0% which is way below the optimium 20%, so both are needed to gain harmony. Since both percentage are also equal, it means both elements equally required to make your weak wood stronger.

However, even under this special situation, you will find that Water will be most beneficial for you. This is because water will help to destroy Fire. It also helps to exhaust the Metal.

So this means Water is most favourable followed by Wood element.

2. Fire 90%, Metal 9% & Earth 0% are your unfavourable element. Where Fire element you already have 90% which is too much. So this becomes the element you need to avoid. While Earth you have 0% so this element though your unfavourable element is what you want to have more of. Followed by Metal.

So when you put it together, as a weak wood:-

1. Water element is your most favourable element. This you need to have most of.

2. Wood element is needed but much lesser than Water and to control the Earth element that you will be adding.

3. Earth element is needed after you have sufficient Water and/or Wood element.

4. Fire element is not needed and should be avoided due to having too much already.

5. Metal element isn't needed as when you have Earth, it will automatically produce Metal to balance up the chart.

So this means that you most Water, some Wood and Earth elements. While you should avoid Fire and Metal.

Thus, you see if there isn't really anything special about the 'follow the leader' type of chart if you really know how to apply the weak/strong characteristics together with the balance of the five element.At least not really a big issue if you are using our website's ba zi analysis.

In any case, your chart is still weak, so you need to still increase your weak elements and elements you lack to attain the perfect balance.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Dear Master Lee,

Thank you for your enlightening reply. So in the case of fire element, reducing it is good for wood (less exhausting) but will also reduce earth (which I also need more) to bring the 5 elements into balance? therefore I should concentrate on increasing water, and wood.

I am currently employed in the microelectronics area operating scientific instruments as an analyst. Is this a suitable career for me? Are computer animation or environmental science considered water careers?

Please advice.

Many thanks.