About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Part III - Concave Mirror Type

Cecil Lee

• Staff

1. As mentioned in the earlier Part I and II, it is best to use mirrors based on Part I or Model A, B, C or D types.
2. You can, as an alternative use Type E and F. Which is more for "protection e.g. against evil forces". However, it can still be used but Model A to D are preferred if there is any Sha Qi or poison arrows aimed at the home.
3. Model D types are for e.g. Christians or RCs who may be "sensitive" to using the First Heaven Sequence Trigram type of mirrors.
4. Under Part III - I introduce you to the CONCAVE type of mirror.
Note: Convex mirrors are meant to DEFLECT sha ai.
Concave mirrors are used to ABSORB sha qi e.g. evil spirits etc..
5. Thus, if one is using a concave mirror, it is best to consult a reliable FS practitioner. As it is much safer to DEFLECT than absorb sha qi. Thus use the concave type of mirror with caution.
6. Lastly, there are the Ba Gua mirror with Door Gods. This type is meant to be used for protection. On many Chinese Temples, you often see the two door gods, one on the left and one on the right of the door god.
7. Some people place two Ba Gua mirrors as shown in the picture above each door (two doors) of their main doors. Others, simply place one mirror alone.
8. Please note that I like to emphaise that I am not a "fan" of Ba Gua mirror - but if there are really no feasible alternatives; then, it is felt that they can be used. This is in line with many Traditional Feng Shui practitioners locally and in Asia.
Discounting those practititioners who grew up or practised in the West who may not be as receptive to the use of Ba Gua mirrors. This group may simply denounce the use of the Ba Gua mirror. But as mentioend earlier, even in Singapore, if you go around neighbourhoods of public housing, one can often see them either on public housing and even above industrial building units.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Everyone,
Some candidates for the use of Concave mirror are:-
1. In the sample picture (see attached) - where there is a post slicing the main entrance, it can be a candidate for the use of a concave mirror. (Picture, courtesy of Ben's earlier posting to the forum - Thanks Ben - hope u don't mind using the picture as a valuable learning tool!).
A concave mirror is used to ABSORB negative qi. While a convex mirror is used to deflect negative qi.
A convex mirror when used in close promixity of one's own house is like " friendly fire killing one's self ". For example, when a convex mirror is used, it can deflect back Sha Qi from the pillar back towards the house. Contrast this with concave mirror where it will absorb `sha qi'.
Since this is a wooden post, the easiest cure is to use a 6 rod windchime as first choice. The constant banging of metal is good to neutralise the beam. In addition, metal is more of a stable cure as it can help to neutralise other bad elements and cure house defects.
Second choice is the use of fire element to "destroy or burn" the wooden post. The last alternative choice is to use a concave mirror.
2. Refer to attached picture: House surrounded by all roads:-
Another candidate for the use of a concave mirror is where one's house on all four sides is surrounded by roads. Here, there is malignant forces all round the house. And a concave mirror is often used to `ward off evil or bad luck'.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Hi Cecil,
I don't mind at all in using my post as an example for learning Feng Shui. And I even learned somthing new and now have more options but I think I'll stick with the windchime as you recommended.
Thanks again.
Appended by Cecil: Ben, thanks very much. On behalf of everyone, appreciate it very much:)

• 6 years later...
  • Staff

This is concave miror is purely used to "suck wealth":

1. It does not have the intricate ba gua symbols. A concave with ba gua trigrams and concave mirror in the middle is used by the Chinese for both: "protection" against - evil spirits and the concave mirror is to "suck wealth".

Red symbolises auspicious and thus, this is why the mirror is surrounded by a red (plastic) frame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

During my visit to Shanghai, China; saw this shop hanging a conVEX bagua mirror above their main entrance of the shop.

On 8/20/2010 9:45:12 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Usually a luopan can be placed
behind a figurine of say a
Guan Yin statue or below it.
But, need expert help to check
on it's feasiblity.
This "ba-gua" is a Luopan Ba
gua and is used for "wealth"
purposes.