About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

screen door installed on the main door

myfs_156316

we've installed a screen door on the main door so that we could still have a view of the outside and enough light into the house, while keeping flies, mosquitoes and other bugs from coming in. the frame is made of wood, the design resembles the trigram for water, and it opens outwards, because the main door opens inwards.
the house facing direction is north 11?, however,the main door is at the house sitting facing south 191?.
is a screen door on main entrance bad fengshui? and, too, because it opens outwards and doesn't invite chi into entering the house?
is the screen door's design
resemblinga trigram for water repelling the natural element, assouth is an area for the fire element?
please advise on this. thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:
1. The big picture and peanuts
1.1. What you are so concerned is "peanuts" and not the big picture.
1.2. For example, there are many who asks: can I place shoes outside my home. Why not? Placing a shoe or a shoe cabinet will often not affect one's Feng Shui.
1.3. Similarly, what you mentioned can imply that:
1.3.1. No good to install grilles for the home or
1.3.2. Some homes install mosquito net. Here, my question is would one be willing to give blood donation on a daily basis or use some deterrent like the mosquito net. With dengue as a concern.
2. Go get a life.
Many homes just don't FAIL just become some owner install a screen door that open outwards! Think about it!
3. There are more important considerations in Feng Shui such as location, location and location. Not: door screen, door screen and more door screen.

On 12/27/2012 1:23:09 PM, Anonymous wrote:
we've installed a screen door
on the main door so that we
could still have a view of the
outside and enough light into
the house, while keeping
flies, mosquitoes and other
bugs from coming in. the frame
is made of wood, the design
resembles the trigram for
water, and it opens outwards,
because the main door opens
inwards.the house facing
direction is north 11?,
however,the main door is
at the house sitting facing
south 191?.is a screen door on
main entrance bad fengshui?
and, too, because it opens
outwards and doesn't invite
chi into entering the house?is
the screen door's
designresemblinga
trigram for water repelling
the natural element,
assouth is an area for
the fire element?please advise
on this. thank you.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

master cecil, thank you for the quick reply.
our main door opens to a terrace, more like a gazebo. looking at the floor plan, it is a square that protrudes from the middle section of the rectangular house. this area is roofed, i am quite confused as to treating this area a part of the house or exclude it in laying out the nine areas (as this would leave missing areas in the either side of it.)
the size of the square is about one-fourth the width of the rectangle.

• Staff

These are some considerations:
You wrote: our main door opens to a terrace, more like a gazebo. looking at the floor plan, it is a square that protrudes from the middle section of the rectangular house. this area is roofed, i am quite confused as to treating this area a part of the house or exclude it in laying out the nine areas (as this would leave missing areas in the either side of it.)

1. Frankly words alone can never fully explain exactly where are or how much are the missing corners or even protrusions. Sometimes a sketch or an exact layout gives a better picture. On the premise that a picture tells what a thousand words can't.
2. In my opinion, I agree if you intend to plot a nine grid; a home that is mostly rectangular and no major missing corners or protrusions are fine or ok.
3. But if you are trying to fit a home into a nine grid but find too may parts of all parts; then it is time for you to seriously consider applying a PIE chart (method). As often, most professional geomancers use a PIE chart.
3.1. As if one has obtained sufficient experience, one can usually or easily apply a PIE chart to almost any layout.
4. Thus no point in trying to scratch one's head trying to fit a layout into the proper nine-grid.

On 12/27/2012 5:20:32 PM, Anonymous wrote:
master cecil, thank you for
the quick reply.our main
door opens to a terrace, more
like a gazebo. looking at the
floor plan, it is a square
that protrudes from the middle
section of the rectangular
house. this area is roofed, i
am quite confused as to
treating this area a part of
the house or exclude it in
laying out the nine areas (as
this would leave missing areas
in the either side of it.) the
size of the square is about
one-fourth the width of the
rectangle.

i want to thank you for your prompt responses.
master cecil, is it true that a kitchen in the northwest sector is bad fengshui..? fire at heaven's gate.
if so, what can be done..? my kitchen is in that area. i'm sorry if i have too many questions, i really want to learn and understand fengshui. thank you in advance.

• Staff

1. In general, a kitchen at NW is inauspicious especially for the Male Head breadwinner.

2. Please visit this link to find out why some are more affect by it. While others less so.

On 12/28/2012 1:57:15 PM, Anonymous wrote:
i want to thank you for your
prompt responses.master cecil,
is it true that a kitchen in
the northwest sector is bad
fengshui..? fire at heaven's
gate.if so, what can be
done..? my kitchen is in that
area. i'm sorry if i
have too many questions, i
really want to learn and
understand fengshui. thank you