About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Water .. pond or aquarium

myfs_155246

I'm pretty new to Feng Shui, so please bear with me. I have read a lot of conflicting info so hopefully I have some of the basic information correct.
Our home was built in the early 1970's (so that would make it a 6) with a frontage of 75? East
The living room is located pretty much in the North with a Mountain Star 3 and Water Star 8 (base of 2). From what I have read the WS 8 is where I would want to place a water feature (aquarium) however I have read that it should not be in a sector with a MS 3.
Would it be better to place the aquarium in the dining room which has a North and an East wall (MS 1, WS 6 and Base 4) .. Or is the living room the preferred location? (There is a wood burning stove also located in the dining room along the Western wall of the room. I am not sure just which sector it falls into though.. and also don't know if it matters when not in use)
I am planning on generating a floor plan on the computer later on today or tomorrow if that would help any.
We are also considering a small koi pond outside the front door. But I am uncertain if it would be better off placed to the left of the door (East frontage) or along the side a bit where it would be located more in the North East or North.
And advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Link

On 6/29/2012 12:16:56 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I'm pretty new to Feng Shui,
so please bear with me. I have
read a lot of conflicting info
so hopefully I have some of
the basic information
correct.Our home was built in
the early 1970's (so that
would make it a 6) with a
frontage of 75? EastThe living
room is located pretty much in
the North with a Mountain Star
3 and Water Star 8 (base of
2). From what I have read the
WS 8 is where I would want to
place a water feature
(aquarium) however I have read
that it should not be in a
sector with a MS 3.Would it be
better to place the aquarium
in the dining room which has a
North and an East wall (MS 1,
WS 6 and Base 4) .. Or is the
living room the preferred
location? (There is a wood
burning stove also located in
the dining room along the
Western wall of the room. I am
not sure just which sector it
falls into though.. and also
don't know if it matters when
not in use)I am planning on
generating a floor plan on the
computer later on today or
tomorrow if that would help
any.We are also considering a
small koi pond outside the
front door. But I am uncertain
if it would be better off
placed to the left of the door
(East frontage) or along the
side a bit where it would be
located more in the North East
or North. And advice you can
give me would be greatly
appreciated!
And more conflicting info!
I just read where changing the home (renovations) as well as change of ownership changes the house period?
if that's true,
the house was built in the early 70's (period 6)
Sometime
after that they added a new roof and an additional room. I believe that
was in 1984, however I am not 100% sure. (Period 7)
We bought the
house in 2005, added slate tile to the living room in 2010 and are
adding ceramic tile to the kitchen floor this summer. (Period 8)?
So has the house changed from a Period 6 house to a Period 8 house?
if so, would that give the dining room the best place for an aquarium (MS8, WS8, Base 6)?
I'm still not sure of the placement for a koi pond and if the house period change would affect it or not.
The period change would also give the bathroom in the South MS5, WS2, Base 3 and I have no idea what kind of cure to use there!

• Staff

These are some considerations:-

1. In my opinion; about the Art and Science of Feng Shui.

1.1. Many know the science of Feng Shui is about using the tools available e.g. Eight House Chart (4 Good/Bad directions); Flying Star and individual Ba Zi.

1.2. Of course, the weakness of the above system(s) are that some may get it wrong especially under Ba Zi. But in this case, it is less of a relevance.

2. The Art of Feng Shui is more trickly. It soley depends on one's interpretation and can vary as in from ebony to ivory (black to white or hot or cold).

2.1. Thus, as there are many cooks, there are many Indian chiefs that can give conflicting advice.

2.2. In my opinion, what matters most is the idea that of the "majority" or what one feels what the majority thinks is so or has literally applied or done so.

3. External of the House/Home

3.1. What makes an external of a house different from the interior?

3.2. Definitely there are no four walls or suppose to be a compound where most likely rain or air or light can shine. (Again it depends on neighbouring structures or no structures if any). Anyway this is not the main issue, here.

4. Shapes and Form vs Flying Star

4.1. From a Feng Shui point of view: the key essence is " Form prevails over substance " or rather bear this in mind "THE FORMS DETERMINE THE STARS, THE STARS DETERMINE THE FATE OF THE PEOPLE LIVING IN A HOME."

4.2. The above statement implies that Shapes and Forms prevail over Flying Star.

4.3. For example, even if you have the best Flying stars e.g. at the frontage but there is either no frontage or the frontage is taken up by huge trees that shade the compound or block the qi and does not create some space for qi. Search for "Bright Hall" effect.

5. Why is this relevant to your case?

5.1. You talked about having MS#3 WS#8 at the frontage.

5.2. With or without determing the stars (Flying Stars) do you know that as high as 60 to 70 percent of the time you will get it RIGHT then wrong; even if you do not check out the stars; placing a water feature at the frontage is based on Shapes and Forms.

5.3. And the statment under Para 4.1 suggests; Shapes and Forms comes first. Whatever stars that you had plotted come 2nd especially in an open area. WHY?

5.4. Having a water position e.g. at the frontage simply means that you are actively employing the concept of clear space.

5.5. The reason for a water position especially a pond is that nothing can built on top of it. Thus allowing for clear space. Or BRIGHT HALL effect.

5.6. Of course, if you do not want to have a water position but keep the frontage relatively clear space; this is equally acceptable.

5.7. What is worse is e.g. in Singapore especially in the 1960s to 1970s many homes have floor areas of 10,000 sq ft or smaller ones have 3,500 sq ft to 5,000 sq. ft.

5.7.1. The above allows many homes to plan such as a mango tree or rambutan tree at the frontage.

5.7.2. Especially after 8 or more years, this mango tree would grow tall and with it's huge foot print of foliage, cast a dark shadow on to the ground. Thus this is contrary to the term "BRIGHT HALL". No longer bright hall effect.

5.7.3. Thus some say between the "devil and the deep blue sea"; if one has a moving pool of water; ain't this better than what I had mentioned under Para 5.7.1 to 5.7.2.?

5.8. Furthermore, often the tree trunk of the large mango tree or rambutan tree could become a poison arrow or sha qi if it is visible from the entrance or an opening such as a window.

6. Coming back to your question: thus, even with a MS#3 and of course WS#8; most of the time; even if one places a water position = pool or pond; you will be right 60 to 70 percent of the time even if there is a miserable MS#3 at that sector (external to the home).

6.1. I am not going to debate on the concept of having a water position to the right side of the house e.g. standing inside the home looking outwards the concept of "flower of romance" (illicit affairs) etc..

7. In my opinion, but, in the interior of the home; be more careful with the stars.

8. You wrote: "I just read where changing the home (renovations) as well as change of ownership changes the house period?"

8.1. Please read up the past message threads in this forum.

8.2. I had clearly mentioned that there are two schools of thought:-

8.2.1. The conservative view ...... since foundations of the home has not been changed...

8.2.2. And recently some even say change of ownership changes the house period.

8.2.3. In my opinion, change of ownership does not change the house period (PERIOD).

8.2.4. Changing the home (renovations). Again, You have those who feel strongly under Para 8.2.1.

8. You mentioned renovations. Again, there are lots of messages even within this forum. Major, minor etc...

On 6/29/2012 1:41:52 AM, Anonymous wrote:
On 6/29/2012 12:16:56 AM, Anonymous
wrote:
I'm pretty new to Feng Shui,
so please bear with me. I have
read a lot of conflicting info
so hopefully I have some of
the basic information
correct.Our home was built in
the early 1970's (so that
would make it a 6) with a
frontage of 75? EastThe living
room is located pretty much in
the North with a Mountain Star
3 and Water Star 8 (base of
2). From what I have read the
WS 8 is where I would want to
place a water feature
(aquarium) however I have read
that it should not be in a
sector with a MS 3.Would it be
better to place the aquarium
in the dining room which has a
North and an East wall (MS 1,
WS 6 and Base 4) .. Or is the
living room the preferred
location? (There is a wood
burning stove also located in
the dining room along the
Western wall of the room. I am
not sure just which sector it
falls into though.. and also
don't know if it matters when
not in use)I am planning on
generating a floor plan on the
computer later on today or
tomorrow if that would help
any.We are also considering a
small koi pond outside the
front door. But I am uncertain
if it would be better off
placed to the left of the door
(East frontage) or along the
side a bit where it would be
located more in the North East
or North. And advice you can
give me would be greatly
appreciated!And more conflicting
info! I just read where changing the
home (renovations) as well as change of
ownership changes the house period?if
that's true, the house was built in the
early 70's (period 6)Sometime
after that they added a new roof and an
additional room. I believe that
was in 1984, however I am not 100% sure.
(Period 7)We bought the
house in 2005, added slate tile to the
living room in 2010 and are
adding ceramic tile to the kitchen floor
this summer. (Period 8)?So has the house
changed from a Period 6 house to a
Period 8 house?if so, would that give
the dining room the best place for an
aquarium (MS8, WS8, Base 6)?I'm still
not sure of the placement for a koi pond
and if the house period change would
affect it or not. The period change
would also give the bathroom in the
South MS5, WS2, Base 3 and I have no
idea what kind of cure to use there!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you for the fast reply! I do appreciate the time you take to respond to the questions we all ask.
I understand that the pond can be placed in either direction outside if I take into account large trees and so forth, which is wonderful news!
However I am a bit confused on the location of an aquarium inside the home. With the home facing E1, The living room is off in the North area of the home. That area has the following: MS3, WS8, base 2.
From what you have said (please correct me if I am wrong) I can place an aquarium in this location without any worries of activating the MS3 ?
If the MS3 is of concern how can I remedy the situation so everything would be more favorable?
I do plan to continue using the search function since there is a wealth of information to be found, however I only ask for clarification since my husband wanted to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Thank you again for being so patient!

• Staff

1. Please do a search for "Fish Tank" to find out what was it's original purpose ... e.g. outside a window... a tree trunk or lamp post..
2. You wrote: "From what you have said (please correct me if I am wrong) I can place an aquarium in this location without any worries of activating the MS3 ?
If the MS3 is of concern how can I remedy the situation so everything would be more favorable?"
2.1. Please re-read what I wrote.
2.1.1 All my points refers to:
A. Either a pool or pond. (Nothing mentioned about aquarium.)
B. Refer to Para 7. which I had written under my first reply.

On 6/29/2012 8:15:18 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the fast reply!
I do appreciate the time you
take to respond to the
questions we all ask.I
understand that the pond can
be placed in either direction
outside if I take into account
large trees and so forth,
which is wonderful
news!However I am a bit
confused on the location of an