About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Period 7 or Period 8?

myfs_150233

Hi!
I have a Period 7 HDB flat with a S3 facing and we renovated & moved in mid 2003. At the end of 2008, we painted the whole flat including the ceiling and main door (except the Store Room). We had also changed the sofa set. Then, in Jan 2009, my spouse fell ill but have since recovered. Did we do something to inadvertently change the house Period by painting?
I am truly confused by the many differing views regarding changing the House Period, especially for apartments. Some are adamant that the Period cannot be changed for apartments whereas, some believe it is possible.
If it is not possible, my Master Bedroom has a double 7 for the Mountain and Water Stars. What precautions should I take with this combination as I have read that 7 is now considered an inauspicious Star! If however, the Period can be changed, should I keep it at Period 7 or change it to Period 8 and how do I go about it?
I sincerely hope you will be able to clarify this for me.
Many thanks!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:-
1. Most likely your whole flat painting could have been affected by each year's "sensitivities":-

2011 Flying Star Forecast

North

South

Take note the following sectors:-

• Sickness Star this year is at South
  • Misfortune/Sickness Star this year is at East
  • Disputes/Quarrel Star this year is at North
  • Education/Romance Star this year is at South-West
  • Grand Duke this year is East, 90 Degree.
    - Avoid sitting facing the grand duke or disturbing him by having renovations.
  • Location in Conflict is West.
    - Avoid having renovations done opposite the location in conflict.
2. For example, in the above example; especially this entire year, the worst sector to do any painting(s) if any is East. While South is equally bad. Thus it would be worse for say:e.g. the master bedroom to be in the East and ...
3. Yes, you are correct. There are few if any experts if any on the field of "changing periods".
4. As each period occurs only within every 20 years; For example, for a 60 year old, his/her most likely encounter of this "change" isthe most 3 occurences. And one of them is when he/she is at 20years old! Even the highly efficient Singapore government says that in order to train a new renewal team; it takes time and effort.
5. By the time one reach 80 years old.. too old to be bother about the change and it's effects.
6. Thus, in my opinion;the period change is far and few in-between. Besides; there are more pressing problems. This would in some-way account forthe fact there no one really knows the PERFECT answer you or may may want to know. Seriously.. you are on your "bloody" own here.
7. The most sensible approach therefore is todo "academic" studies if one has the time to do so.For example, if one has stayed in a home for sometime; draw up several Flying Starcharts one of them is to draw a similar Period 7 and 8 chart andcheckwhich one feels is more accurate forone's home. No point crying over spill milkor to claim thatthis or that...
8. LikeConfucious say: How he wishedthat he could have lived another 50 years.. then he would dedicate his studies towards I-Ching .. is a sterling example. We all have a shelf-life...

On 7/20/2011 2:39:42 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi!I have a Period 7 HDB flat
with a S3 facing and we
renovated & moved in mid
2003. At the end of
2008, we painted the whole
flat including the ceiling and
main door (except the Store
Room). We had also
changed the sofa set.
Then, in Jan 2009, my
spouse fell ill but have since