About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Hanging tassel with 7 and 8 coin

myfs_143002

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. The Eight coins:

Is not a known traditional cure. It may have being sold; as the number 8 is phonetically auspicious especially for the Cantonese dialect group; And most probably because between 2004 to 2023; number 8 is the reigning period.

Thus, this eight coins can be considered as a modern "invention".

2. The Seven coins:

Seven under the Flying Star association refers to weak metal. Thus, it is considered a traditional cure. As "metal" is used to destroy or neutralise nearly all the know "ills" such as #2; and can be used partially to neutralise #5 and in some instances it can be used to reduce bad #3.

3. The Six coins:

Six represent big metal or strong metal; and usally between this or the Seven coins; the Six coins is more commonly used as a cure as it is "strong metal" vs Seven coins which is "weak metal".

And as mentioned under Para 2; seven coins may not be sufficient to neutralise #5 let alone multiples of #5 with #2 or #5 with #5 and fuelled by #9.

4. The Three coins:

Three represent wood (big wood or strong wood element). And often some keep a string of three coins: where symbolically, here " the actual coins are metal" and under the Flying Star concept: Metal "destroys" wood to create wealth.

Thus three coins are selectively laid onto the concrete cement screeding before laying the actual tiles.

Some even stick three coins "joined" together on their cash register. Some even string it to their accounts book and even some place it on their working calculator.

5. Thus: Traditional usage are: Three, Six or Seven coins. And if we associate them with coins; anything else are "modern" concepts or ideas or some say marketing ploy. Especially hanging a set of eight coins on one's door knob etc...

6. By the way, especially for Six coins or Seven coins; a red string represent "fire" is used to "control especially six coins - big metal". Thus for six or seven coins; a red string with or without tassle is used to bind these coins.

7. For other combinations e.g. your picture showing eight coins; there is generally "no sigificance" with regards for its use as a traditional cure; goldern string represents gold or wealth may be used. And the clue, here is that it is meant more as a decoration; then Feng Shui cure.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hello,

My main entrance door facing the south but the south is my worst direction (my kua number is 6). What are good colors to paint a door? Me like it is for example a combination of the front door red and green (or yellow-although I am on the internet in more places, I found that yellow is not good for the south Sad) color around the door but I'm not sure whether it was good for me because of the south.
Thank you

• Staff

1. The common denominator is the Five Elements concept.

2. The very general concept like: South is fire element; thus earth element is not so good. While colours like white (metal element); for example; are very simplistic models. Widely used by many Geomancers to generalise what colours to paint the main door.

3. The more specific method isthe use of the Flying Star Feng Shuiby examining a sector's flying star numbers and it's association with the common denominator: The Five Elements concept.

4. What you havementioned isthe widespread"estimation" of best colours by applying general ideas underPara 2.

5. The Eight House or Four Good/Bad : East/ West Group should not be confused with the colour association. As it is not linked to the Five Elements concept. Thuse even if south is your worst direction: this concept if one wants to apply to colours is like: "So what?" There is nolink between your worst direction vis a vis south sector.

6. Many professional Feng Shui practitioners and even discerning DIY users usethe method as mentioned under Para 3 to determine the best / optimiumcolour andif used properly can even fine tune and say whatis best,2nd best and worst colours to paint.

7. Drawing a parallel, what you had mentioned- under Para 2 is like ancient technology. It is like using the X-ray machine to peer into a body. What one sees in the past are cloudy imagines on X-rays for those suffering from TB.

8. Using method as mentioned under Para 3, is the equivalent of the MRI machine that can do cross-slice of the body giving a 3D colour high resolution perspective. While the association of "South my worst direction and what to paint based on this - is like trying to compare an apple with an orange - if it can be compared at all.

• Staff

A. In this sample Feng Shui audit report; the Flying Star numbers is used to determine what is the best or better colour(s). And even what colours should be avoided at the Main entrance area.

B. In this attachment; the Main Entrance door is located at:-

SW Dining / Main Entrance area Best Elements(Colour):

1. Metal (White or light pastel colours)
2. Water (Blue, black or grey)
3. Earth (LIGHT cream or beige)
Neutral: Wood (Wood or wood tone or brown)

And the Caution is avoid Earth (BRIGHT YELLOW) colour.

C. This is based on Flying Star numbers at that sector.

D. While the "method" where North = water element ; thus paint the door blue or South = fire element etc... are too general - and is like applying Kindergarten type of Feng Shui.