About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Location of niche

myfs_93265

Dear Master,

My mum had passed away recently and we have placed her urn at the crematorium. Since this is a period of eight, I thought it would be good to find a highest level niche with a number that ends with eight. But her niche is located at the center column, so sandwich between other niches at the same level. Is this considered a good location or should I do something or place something to make her niche slightly higher than the rest?

Also, we would like to exhume our fathers grave and cremate his body, so that he can be placed together with my mum. Some people said that we should not do it until government wants to take over the burial ground but we thought they would be happier to be together in the same niche as early as possible. May I have your comment on this and is there anything that I should take note of, and base on whos or what auspicious timing should I choose for the exhumation?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of my thoughts on the above:-

1. In my opinion, once a person has been cremated; then everything changes i.e. becomes neutral.

2. For example, when we bury a person; Chinese consider it very favourable to bury a person in a very auspcious site and (facing direction). As it is said that a good burial ground and good Feng Shui site can amply luck of future generations of that family.

3. Thus, most likely, this is why most people advice one not to prematurely remove the coffin and cremate a loved one until really no choice.

4. Frankly, in the past, majority of burial sites are indeed very auspicious sites. Well known auspicious burial sites are: where the current Orchard MRT grounds are (facing the Tangs-Marriot hotel); Bishan park / area; the Teochew burial grounds (formerly in Yishun) etc...

5. Once, one cremates a person; in my opinion, as I said eariler this becomes neutral or it no longer matters whether the urn is placed, high low. Some even scatter the ashes into the sea!

6. All these selecting a higher niche or facing direction of niche; is more psychological than anything else. Here, more importanly, family members (and close relatives) all agree with it. For example, if the youngest son or daughter wants to cremate the father; but other close relatives refuse to do so; then better don't do it.

7. The idea: If it ain't broken; don't fix it - applies. For example, to some; what happens if the body is in partial decay? In fact, to exhume a grave, many grave diggers - the experienced once have certain rituals to perform. For example, in the day time; they would place a piece of canvas between "heaven and earth" when they need to expose the body.

8. Many niche nowadays can either hold two urns or three urns or if still new; can always buy niches side-by side.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net