About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

MRT Track

myfs_141580

Hi Master Lee,

I would like to seek your help. Recently I just bought a HDB 4 room at Simei, 6th floor. The living hall is just directly facing the MRT Tracks, which is can see the train passby everytime.

Can you please advice will this affect anything to the tenant there? Would it create any Sha Qi? The flat born on 1988 years.

I'm quite worry, can you please help and advice me?

Thank you so much.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Frankly, in Singapore, majority or literally all the MRT tracks are often running parallel to blocks of flats especially Condos and HDB's (government housing development board flats)and buildings.

2. Even in Simei, two condos have units running parallel to the MRT tracks. For example: Tropica Springs and Modena:-

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_21319/travel_site_1/

3. In fact, several years back one of my clients had a unit in Tropica Springs parallel to the MRT track. What is more "disturbing" is literally the daily "noise" pollution from the MRT trains.

4. In fact, many HDB flats are buffered by multi-storey car parks. Please refer to the above link. It shows Multistorey car park Block 248 is buffering many HDB flats.

5. Under Shapes and Forms Feng Shui, so long as the tracks do not curve into or slice towards the apartment blocks and if it runs parallel, there is no poison arrow or sha qi, here. Thus only "noise pollution".

6. I was surpised to find that the Tropica Springs unit was not immune to the sound; the sound from the tracks is pentrating into the units.

7. Even many HDB flats that don't face the MRT tracks but inner e.g. Woodlands Drive 75 area, also get to heard the penetrating sound or noise from running MRT trains.

8. The Metropolitan condo that recently TOP in Redhill area:-

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5938/travel_site_11443/

A few months back, I was at one of the units facing the MRT track. The developer provided double glazed windows, but still the sound from the daily commute of MRT trains is still irritable.

And in this illustration, the MRT tracks is slightly curved "slicing" towards units on the same level as the MRT tracks. Distinctively, this is a knife slicing towards the development.

9. This reminds me of one of the largest Fast Food chain in Singapore (McDonalds). Their HQ is at the 2nd level of Kings Albert Park... When the overhead bridge was completed, it slices towards their head quarters - and it had affected their operations and income. I was tasked to look at the Feng Shui of it.

The Anak Bukit Flyover Expressway had affected McDonald's 2nd Storey Operations where the Management staff are at:-

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_4707/travel_site_109741/

These are some of the examples of Shapes and Forms Feng Shui

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi Master Lee,

Appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you so much.

Base on this map:
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_21319/travel_site_1/

My block is 123, do you think the MRT track consider parallel or slicing the HDB? Could you please advice me?

Previously we engaged 1 fengshui master, and he claims it's not good to us. We will not have luck. Hope you could advice us.

Thank you very much.

• Staff

I have posted the link. And it so happens that your block of flat is also within the Tropica Springs ... Modena:-

1. The track is very close to being parallel to one side of your block.

2. Only pity is the two blocks : 122 and 120 will channel "noise pollution" towards your block.

3. I have personally heard the noise of mrt trains... in a HDB flat that is quite a distance from the MRT track...

4. Sha Qi from the physical track? No! As the track is quite parallel to your Block 123.

5. Noise pollution.... " Hell! YES, YES, YES, YES!"

• Staff

1. In my opinion, between the devil and the deep blue sea; between MRT stations (other than the Circle line); the tracks of the MRT stations are generally quite "straight" especially those elevated lines.... Compare this with the LRT tracks.....

2. The only good thing is that LRT runs on soft tires Slower speed and less "imposing"...

Hi Master Lee,

Thanks once again for your prompt reply... pardon me, I don really understand below sentence quoted:

1. In my opinion, between the devil and the deep blue sea; between MRT stations (other than the Circle line); the tracks of the MRT stations are generally quite "straight" especially those elevated lines.... Compare this with the LRT tracks.....

Does it has to depends on the tenant 'BA ZHI' also? And for my house, can I install ceiling fan at my living hall?

Thank you so much.

• Staff

Your question was whether the MRT tracks pose a sha qi or poison arrow:

1. I mentioned that based on the top-view; plus the distance of the MRT tracks to your Block 123; it does not seem to pose any Shapes and Forms issue.

2. The only issue is "noise pollution". And this relates more to do with human factors ... noise to some people especially frequent rumbling noise of trains passing by may not appeal to some people.

3. In addition, two other blocks act more like a "inverted" sub-woofer effect.

4. In addition, in my opinion, there are more curves in our LRT stations than the more gentle curves on our MRT stations.

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks once again for your prompt reply... pardon me, I don really understand below sentence quoted:

Now your question suddenly jump into a totally new topic or area:-

Does it has to depends on the tenant 'BA ZHI' also? And for my house, can I install ceiling fan at my living hall?

Thank you so much.

Ideally, one should not the the fan blade when one stands at the main door looking inwards of the home. It is akin to a blade slicing towards one's body.

Of course, one should also consider how suitable a person to a home.

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

It is acceptable for an LRT or MRT track to curve outwards of a block of flats.
Not ideal Shapes and Forms but a "Safe situation".

On 11/5/2009 11:12:56 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Your question was whether the
MRT tracks pose a sha qi or
poison arrow:
1. I mentioned that based on
the top-view; plus the
distance of the MRT tracks to
your Block 123; it does not
seem to pose any Shapes and
Forms issue.
2. The only issue is "noise
pollution". And this relates