About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirror facing the bed

myfs_131449

FS Master-
I'd like something cleared up that I am unsure of and hope you can help me. I know that is it considered bad to have a mirror facing your bed, but does this mean in all cases? What if the bed is not reflected from a seated position in the bed (or other perspectives)? What is a good way to remedy a reflected bed other than covering it?
Thank you. =]

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Michelle,

In my opinion, this concern of mirror facing our bed is very interesting as there are two different view points, here:

1. It started with some Feng Shui books, commenting that when we sleep, these books mentioned that "our spirit" will float and if our bed is facing the mirror or a tv screen that has highly reflective glass.. our spirit will get a shock when it sees it's own image! Perhaps, the spirit froze to death?

2. Another side of the argument is that what happens if - indeed when we sleep, our spirit really float and sees itself in a mirror... Perhaps, it is a blessing in disguise as now this spirit, can personally look at his/her appearance to check whether he/she is good enough to wander off! ie. nicely combed hair etc...

3. We are on this earth for such a short period of our life! So, having TV set facing us is to many of us advantages, in that we have our personal space, comfortably seated in our bed viewing wonderful pictures on our TV set!

4. So, why, because someone says that is not good to have a TV (or mirror) face us and just because of this "silly" argument, deprive us of having a TV set in our bedroom much less have to cover it every now and then.

5. Millions people, right now (different cultures) like you and me have a TV set in our bedroom. To be frank, personally I also have a

40 inches tv in my bedroom. How to cover it? Silly me?

6. We can look at it from another argument: Some of us are more sensitive person than others. For example, some of us can eat lots of hot chillies.. while some dare not even touch chillies! Some of us can even sleep with a room full of reflective glass akin to mirrors .. while some of us (silly people) reading too many of these Feng Shui books scare ourself to death by worrying whether mirror, here, there in our bedroom can harm us or not!

7. And in fact, many of new LCD tvs, hardly have any reflections at all!

Thus, if one were to analyse what I have written above, one can better understand the situation better. And if some one else spread this myth, please present the above logical series of arguments to them! One word " IT'S IN THE MIND, Dear! "

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Michelle Cryder wrote:
FS Master- I'd like something cleared up that I am unsure of and hope you can help me. I know that is it considered bad to have a mirror facing your bed, but does this mean in all cases? What if the bed is not reflected from a seated position in the bed (or other perspectives)? What is a good way to remedy a reflected bed other than covering it? Thank you. =]

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 year later...