About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How Do I Place The Bed In This Mbr Layout?

myfs_82350

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. It has more to do with "commonsense", thus we call it "Commonsense approach to Feng Shui".For example, having the air-con above one's bed-head position is not ideal. This is because cold air sinks.

2. And, the first thing it does is that "cold air" sinks towards our face. Thus, if we do not blow sufficient air, the whole room may not be cool. But as the cold air from the air-con sinks, it "blows" down towards the face (if the aircon is above one's bed-head).Direct air-con blowing towards one's face makes us feel uncomfortable to breathe as well as too makes our skin "red".

3. Ideally, we would like the air-con to blow sideways or away from our face (or bed) would be good.

4. It is also not so good to place the air-con above one's toilet door. As again cold air sinks. And even if we close the toilet door, there is often a gap. And usually when we turn on the air-con, again, cold air sinks and usually, blows thru this gap into the toilet. Thus, after a while, this forces the toilet to have high-pressure. And the toilet qi would start to leak out especially, once we open the toilet door, the gush of "air" from the toilet will push out of it.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further illustrations of air-con placement:

1. All multi-split air-conditioner has:-

1.1. high pressure gas pipe from the compressor to the air-con unit in a room.

1.2. drainage pipe. This drainage pipe follows "gravity". Thus there is one "drop" down to a drainage area e.g. linked or in condos or landed property may be linked to the toilet drainage.

2. In the long-term, it is alwaysmore favourable to have the air-con unit placed"closest" to the compressor and a "drainage" point such as a toilet. Thus in many high rise apartments, these two are very high considerations.

3. A third consideration isthe "Obstacles" in a Bedroom

Thus: Do you have a walk-in-wardrope? If so, avoid running the air-con compressor piping and drainage piping thru this area. If not, one day, especially if the drainage chokes, then one has a serious issue: as one may have to remove all or part of the build-in-wardrope just to access the air-con piping.

4. Commonsense approach to placement of air-con:-

4.1 Where is your bed-head?

As mentioned, it is preferred not to have the air-con unit above one's bed-head. Not so much that it "symbolises" a beam, but rather, cold air sinks, even if one diverts the air-vents upwards or sideways... Here, in the middle of the night, one's face may feel very cold and throat, mouth and nose can become very dry. May fall sick if faced with this day in day out.

4.2 Air-con above the toilet. Please see attached illustration and comments as to why this is not too good.

4.3 Ideally, the air-con should blow sideways or even on the opposite side of the wall. If it is directly opposite side of the wall, make sure that a flat screen tv or a cabinet is not below the air-con. As if the drainage pipe clogs or if there is high humidity in the air and the air-con is turned very low e.g. below 16 degrees, than water vapour may form. And may just drip into your tv or electrical equipment.

Please see attachment.

Hi,

i need some advice regarding to my present layout, as can be seen from the pic, the mbr is having the bed in the way of the doorway. I read that this form of layout is not good. Any reason why?

[img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/deljunks/dad_room.jpg[/img]

And If i switch the bed over to the direct opposite, the bed will be in the way of the toilet doorway.
And the toilet do not have a door as it is to be easy access to my mum who have suffered from a stroke.
Can anyone advice how do I able to improve the FS of this layout?
fyi, nothing good or bad have happen since we stayed over for 5 years. But I do hope to be able to improve the FS in this room as it may help my mum recover faster if possible.
I have thought of adding a partition in from of the door, or add in string curtain so as my dad will not face the door when sleeping.
Or is the any better or beneficial suggestion? Please kindly advice.
thanks and hope to get some positive advice here.
regards,

ps: exact direction of the window is 20 degree N

• Staff

1. More importantly, the air-con (if it is turned on should not blow directly towards one's face = dryness of mouth, throat and nose as well as the cold "eats" into the cheek areas.

2. Try to swing the bedroom door and not let it hang half-way - slicing towards the bed.

3. For privacy, no point placing a partition. As this oftens creates a dead qi area. Or if the air-con were to be turned on, it will be further "trapped" within the bed area - making sleep uncomfortable especilly in the wee hours of the night when the air-con is turned on...

4. Because of the "fixed wardrope" and bedroom door / windows / toilet door, yes, you really don't have any further way of placing the queen-sized bed.

Anonymous wrote:
And If i switch the bed over to the direct opposite, the bed will be in the way of the toilet doorway.
And the toilet do not have a door as it is to be easy access to my mum who have suffered from a stroke.
Can anyone advice how do I able to improve the FS of this layout?
fyi, nothing good or bad have happen since we stayed over for 5 years. But I do hope to be able to improve the FS in this room as it may help my mum recover faster if possible.
I have thought of adding a partition in from of the door, or add in string curtain so as my dad will not face the door when sleeping.
Or is the any better or beneficial suggestion? Please kindly advice.
thanks and hope to get some positive advice here.
regards,

hi cecil,

thanks for your reply,

the wardrope is not fixed. it can be moved. will it be better that i shift the bed to the location of the wardrope, i.e myparents feets when sleeping will face the wall in between teh toilet and the window?and then shift the wardrope to the location of the bed?

and as forthe aircon my parents do not use it. maybe only once or twice every year. as they use ceiling fan instead all year round. and do ceiling fan have any bad inpact?

pls advice.

thanks

• Staff

1. Frankly, it is best to apply Flying Star Feng Shui to look at the sector of your parents bedroom sector since you mentioned that your mum had a stroke.

2. If parents bedroom straddle between two compass directions then one has to evaluate and find out more whether any of the nasty sickness stars such as #5 = misfortune, sickness and #2 sickness.

3. The above are more important than a 2 dimension view of the bedroom or second guessing whether the bed is better to be placed next to the bedroom door or the other end.

4. You have to properly evaluate all these instead of prematurely, seeking advise. As it is like the blind leading the blind! And what can be worse! If subsequently the bad stars are say closer to the other side! This would even greatly affect health.

5. Therefore, as much as you like to hear a solution, it is frankly as good as throwing a dice = 50-50 given such unknowns.

6. It is good that the fan is used thus, if the other side may or could be better, than the air-con location nor moveable wardrope is not a major consideration anymore.

7. For DIY, first, see if you can apply Flying Stars and check for bad stars like #5 misfortune / sickness and /or #2 sickness and in addition, a worrisome concern is if #9 appears with any of the above! #9 represents fire, which can further fuel bad #2 and/or #5!

8. Next, is to apply the Eight House concept.

9. In addition, make sure that parents bedroom does not use any bright Yellow colour(s). As Bright Yellow represents strong earth element and is associated with #5 and #2! If bad #5 and #2 or any combinations of above are present, then it is also dangerous to use anything that is bright (chilli) red in their bedroom!