About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Roof Color - Grey

myfs_77813

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Aquino,
1. Grey represents "water element".
2. Usually a harmonious colour e.g. external walls that can blend with this "water element" is white.
This is because under the Five elements concept: `Metal' supports `Water' element
3. This is why, if one looks carefully at the `colour' wheel chart; and most "normal" Interior designers IDs/architects will often recommend white walls with this grey colour. I don't mean therefore to say that some IDs or architects can be "abnormal".
4. But often on an asthetic level we often do not see earth tones such as yellow, cream or beige or even peach go with this type of grey colour.
5. More often the orange redish tile (fire element) goes very well with cream or beige (earth element).
6. Under the Five elements concept: Fire helps support or fuel earth. (A harmonious combination).
7. Alternatively, white external walls can also be considered as a neutral element and it can also go well with a red / orange tile - looking at it from the "destructive cycle" i.e. Fire controls metal element.
8. In Feng Shui, it is better not to have the primary colour : BLUE for roof tiles. This is symbolic of having water over one's head. And under the Chinese I-Ching definition: Water means difficulty.
9. If we do have blue tiled roof - then it is best that the walls are white. Again, Metal (white) can be used to neutralise or `flow' with water element.
10. On another subject: Where possible, for a home AVOID using blue tinted glass windows. This can either be clear glass affixed with a thin sun-x film of blue or the glass itself is blue coated.
11. The rationale is because under Symbolism in Feng Shui, this is like having `water' (wealth) leak out of the home.
12. If you do have blue tinted windows, and for those who are in financial distress, and may not be able to afford to change the windows, then -> try to use white coloured blinds or e.g. day curtains to help `neutralise' the effect of wealth leak from the windows.
13. Similarly, it is best never to install pothole windows or circular windows. As this is symbolic of a ship - with potholes -- and symbolically, this may cause the boat/ship to sink. (financial distress).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 9/26/2003 5:22:51 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hello,
I am a North person. My birth
element is wood. My main
element is weak wood. My roof
is being changed and will be
completed today, 09/25/03. Did
I make the right choice of
color for my roof which is
gray? The brand comes in one