About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Finding a good house

wasis

Dear Cecil,
I am considering to rent a landed property as a business site. The
characteristic of business site in my country is the width of the main door is
almost equal to the width of the property. So, if we stand at the centre point
of the property and at the main door, we will obtain the same direction.
You often say that North-South facing house is better than East-West facing
house. This is a dilemma for me since my Gua is 7 and my element is Strong
Earth. Let's say North direction. In periode 8, it has a good Flying Star
combination and North represents my wealth element. However, it is my Disaster
sector. Another direction: W2. It has a good Flying Star combination and
represents one of my favourable elements. However, West means heat after 12 AM.
Thus, I'd like to ask you which one I should weigh more? Should I weigh on the
uncureable Eight House?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Wasis

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Wasis,
1. I personally think that a lot more issues should be taken into consideration, first.
2. I have always found the management concept: Situational approach - " It depends ".
3. It happened that, particularly in Singapore, we have a small island and majority lives in high rise buildings.
4. One must understand that as a building goes up (vertical); often, the building is at the `mercy' of the elements.
5. For example, taking my most recent comments on the condo: The Yardley. Some of the units are in a direct compass East-West line.
6. In addition, just imagine that this unit is e.g. at 7 floor/storey. And that there are no other buildings or trees to shade this east/west frontage.
7. I must therefore, offer an apology for many who listen into this forum and are staying in places where a home is a landed property. In your case, it is much cheaper to build `side-ways'. This is also in rural or sub-urban areas in Malaysia, United States et...
8. In the context of a high rise building:
8.1 Just look at a skyscraper. Most often, we can imagine a box light / steel structure, encased by windows. In an office environment, buildings are often air-coned, most of the time. And often there are no windows unless, it is a toilet. In addition such buildings use tinted glass or nearly the whole facade is made of glass.
9.2 Often, a condo cannot afford to have it's external glazed entirely with glass:
- If so, often, windows are awkard or cannot be fully opened.
- Next, privacy issue: especially at night! Often, even if we draw the day curtains, at night (glass homes); many people can simply look into the entire house.
- How many who stay in such a condo, can turn on air-con all day long?
9.3 Here, often, it makes more sense to marriage: concrete/red brick walls - plastered with white plaster mixed with casement or sliding windows.
10. Walls made of bricks often absorb the heat especially if it is in full sunlight. And as I mentioned, if one lives in near especially at the equator; many of the walls that are exposed to the East-West sunlight can literally heat up the interior.
11. As I mentioned under Para 10: this is a very particular concern for those living in the equator or anywhere else that has strong heat. Singapore, Perth, Australia.
12. In fact, some countries, have relatively fewer clouds and the heat from the sun can literally burnt or `bite' our skin.
13. Landed property
13.1 As mentioned above, what happens if one stays at a high floor in a condo. For example 20th floor. There is no way that a tree can reach this height.
13.2 If one owns a landed property, often, heat can still be controlled:-
A. Roof awning
1. In fact, some Singapore government built flats i.e. Housing Board Flat, has a sort of an awning or shade for flats that face West. But as mentioned, what matters most is that the walls in that specific bedroom will still get heat built-up. The shade, helps to block sunlight into the windows of these rooms - to make e.g. studying or sleeping in the day time more comfortable.
2. The advantage of a landed property is that often, we can easily erect awnings protuding out of the windows to offer shade.
3. Another ingredient is that often, homes are side-by-side to each other. Better still if these are terrace (jointed together) or semi-detached homes.
4. Even for bungalows, especially if they are parallel to each other and close-by can offer much shade.
5. The secret weapon for landed properties are the greenery. Let us not forget that at ground level, often, the minimum vegetation is grass. Many owners have lush landscape and even trees to shade their home.
6. Therefore, I do hope that you look at from a more positive side. And, whenever, was discussed here, often, takes a more serious look at high rise buildings.
7. In fact, there are a few more points that show some differences between a landed property vs a condo. However, I believe, I hope that one can now better understand some of the differences.
8. Often also, many of us may get frustrated, by so many different theories in Feng Shui. Here: please ponder over this: " Feng Shui like everything else should be worked on based on - PRIORITIES or ranking of importance".
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/12/2003 10:41:43 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I am considering to rent a
landed property as a business
site. The
characteristic of business
site in my country is the
width of the main door is
almost equal to the width of
the property. So, if we stand